In addition to the in-depth training opportunities below there are a number of short Tutorials available.
Missouri Training Opportunities
Contact email@example.com about scheduling a hands-on online resources training session for staff at your organization! Full-service members are only responsible for trainer travel expenses. Basic service members would have a per person fee in addition to trainer travel expenses.
Online training sessions are available at no charge for all Full and Basic MOREnet Members.
EBSCO regional training sessions are available at no charge for all Basic and Full Service Members.
|Date & Time||Location||Description||More Info & To Register|
|February 19, 2019 at 3:30 - 4:00 PM||Online (EBSCO)||
Promoting eBooks in the Classroom
What if you could provide your teachers with a digital book cart? With dwindling budgets, eBooks are more popular (and necessary!) than ever. Join us to learn some quick ways to share these resources with the teachers in your school.
|March 6, 2019 at 11:00 - 11:30 AM||Online (EBSCO)||
LearningExpress Resources for Career Readiness
The LearningExpress Library interface has a new look and feel. Come see how easy it is to find the tools your patrons need to get a leg up in the job market!
|March 7, 2019 at 3:30 - 3:45 PM||Online (EBSCO)||
My Favorite Features in 15 Minutes: Explora
Research is made easier with Explora, EBSCO’s kid-friendly interfaces. We’ll talk about Topic Overviews and what resources can be searched in the different interfaces (in case you didn’t know, there’s an interface for elementary school and another for secondary schools.)
|April 23, 2019 at 9:00 - 9:30 AM||Online (EBSCO)||
Quick Ways to Access Publications and Journals
Want to get your hands on a periodical or journal fast? There are a few ways you might not have thought of before – and we’ll share them in this session. We’ll also discuss ways to promote specific journals by putting links on your library page to give easy access to your patrons – and increase usage!
|April 25, 2019 at 11:00 - 11:30 AM||Online (EBSCO)||
I didn't Know I could Do that! Ways to Customize Your Interfaces
In this session, we’ll discuss ten common functions that can be conducted in EBSCOadmin to enhance the user experience. Curious to know what they are? Join in and find out!
May 2, 2019 at 10:00 - 10:30 AM
Save Time with Search and Journal Alerts
Alerts are great benefits of having a personal MyEBSCOhost account. Learn how to quickly create journal alerts so users know when their favorite magazine is available online. Search alerts help researchers save time by notifying them when new articles that match their search criteria have been downloaded and are ready to view.
- Get the Most Out of Limiters and Expanders (2-7-19)
- Promoting Your EBSCO Resources (1-24-19)
- Enjoy Your eBooks Offline (1-23-19)
- eBooks for the Public Library (12-5-18)
- Google Classroom and EBSCO Resources (11-27-18)
- Promoting Your EBSCO Resources (11-27-18)
- LearningExpress Resources for K-12 Schools (11-8-18)
- Explore Genealogy Resources with HeritageQuest Online (4-3-2018
- Summer Reading Program: Libraries Rock with Resources for Early Literacy (3-6-18)
- Downloading and Reading eBooks Offline (3-6-18)
- Summer Reading Program: Libraries Rock with eBooks for Teens (2-13-18)
- LearningExpress Library New Interface Sneak Peek (2-6-18)
- eBooks in the Public Library (1-24-18)
- K-12 eBooks in the Classroom (1-24-2018)
- LearningExpress Library Training for Public Libraries (11-28-2017)
- Science & Social Studies Resources and the Curriculum (Secondary Schools) (11-2-2017)
- Introduction to Online Resources for Public Libraries (9-28-2017)
- Introduction to Online Resources for K-12 (9-28-2017)
- Learn with MOREnet: Achieve Curriculum Goals with EBSCO (Elementary) (10-5-2017)
- LearningExpress Library for K-12 (10-12-2017)
- Focus on Health (30 min) (5-11-2017)
- Accessing Education and other Professional Development Journals Online (4-5-2017)
- Explore Genealogy Resources with HeritageQuest Online (3-21-2017)
- Learn with MOREnet: Science Reference Center (3-8-2017)
- Building a Better World Resources for Summer Reading (3-1-2017)
- LearningExpress Library (2-8-2017)
- Explora for Public Libraries and School Libraries (1-26-2017)
Vendor Training Opportunities
- EBSCO and LearningExpress Library Online Training Schedule
- A link to recorded webinars is available on the upper left.
- Proquest HeritageQuest Training Schedule
- Select HeritageQuest from the available training options.
- EBSCO Training Resources
- Includes Online tutorials, Trainer Guides, User Guides and Help Sheets.