Read It! can only be accessed through it's own interface at http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=ip,uid&profile=ell
Read It! is designed for middle and high school students and adults who have a basic foundation in English grammar and reading but need adapted reading material for a variety of subjects. It offers resources to help build background knowledge, conduct research and improve study skills.
- Nonfiction articles and reference texts
- Comprehension tests
- Step-by-step research guides
- "Read Out Loud" text-to-speech tool that enables students to highlight and listen to text
- Lexile Measures to indicate a text's level of reading difficulty
- Links to related articles leading students to further content that increases topic comprehension
School Curriculum Support
Core curriculum content includes more than 1,300 foundation articles focusing on topics covered in the U.S. curriculum as well as Canadian history and culture. Articles are supplemented by curated content to enhance topic knowledge and understanding. All content is designed to support English-language reading proficiency and comprehension as well as general literacy, research, note-taking and academic writing.
Note: Read It! was formerly known as English Language Learner Reference Center.