Members have access to eBooks from EBSCO on addition to periodical and reference databases. Members may choose one of the two eBook options below:
- eBook Public Library Collection OR
- eBook K-8 Collection and eBook High School Collection
This collection is created for K-8 students and the educators that work with them. The eBook K-8 collection contains over 10,500 titles chosen to support a quality learning experience for K-8 students across all subject areas taught in elementary and middle schools. The collection also features a selection of Teacher Resources to support educators and administrators.
All titles are available with unlimited simultaneous user access, and titles are regularly added to the collection at no additional cost.
Visit the eBook App website for more information.
- The default roll out disabled ability to download eBooks. This is to give every organization the chance to prepare for supporting this service.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org when you are ready to activate the ability to download the eBooks. Activation of download will happen as soon as possible, unless a specific date of implementation is provided.
- The default loan period is 21 days. Contact email@example.com if you would like to change the default loan period to 7 or 14 days. Remember there is unlimited simultaneous downloads so a longer loan period will not impact the availability of the title for other borrowers!
- Users will see the default Carousel view when accessing the database. If you would like the profile changed to the Keyword Search view contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing and Using eBooks
EBSCOhost eBooks can be accessed in two different ways
- Reading while online. The eBooks come in either PDF or EPUB formats, and they will display within the browser.
- Authentication to EBSCOhost is necessary, either on premise through IP authentication, or through a remote access method. No other sign in is necessary to read books online, however to take advantage of save features, users will need to establish and to sign in to a free My EBSCOhost account.
- Reading offline through download. This option will be disabled by default and turned on upon request.
- The eBooks are formatted with Adobe DRM, and require a compatible eReader to view them. Desktops will use Adobe Digital Editions, which is available at https://www.adobe.com/solutions/ebook/digital-editions.html#.
- Users will need both a My EBSCOhost account and an Adobe ID.
- Your institution will also need to provide access for download, which would require in-house access (WIFI for user-owned mobile devices) and/or remote access to EBSCOhost.